Attention NEW work-study students: You will not have access to the job search database, SCOTjobs, until the week of September 15. There will be work-study orientations during the week of September 29 to educate you on the work-study job process. Specific dates and times of the orientations are below:
Monday, September 29: 10a-11a and 2p-3p in LFSC 1500
Tuesday, September 30: 11a-12p in LFSC 1500
Wednesday, October 1: 1p-2p in LFSC 1500
Pay periods are currently changing, please keep checking emails and notifications on updates.
What is Federal Work-Study?
Work-Study is a program funded by the Federal Government that offers financial support to students with a demonstrated financial need. Eligible students may use the money awarded to them by obtaining a Work-Study job at the
University or with an approved off-campus employer. Work-Study is offered during the academic year only. Review available jobs using the on-line database, SCOTjobs.
- To be eligible for a Work-Study job, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (e.g., at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA) while working under the Work-Study program.
Benefits to Work-Study. Why Earn Your Award?
- Earn your award as a paycheck just like a part-time job
- Access to more on-campus jobs
- Flexible schedule with your academics
- Save travel time & gas money
- Be part of the UCR community
- Establish a network
How Do I Apply?
- New students must file a FAFSA financial aid application and returning students must complete their renewal FAFSA in March (check with the Financial Aid Office for the exact date).
- If you obtain Work-Study, you will receive a financial aid award notification that notes the gross earnings you can receive under the Work-Study Program via GROWL
- You may use your Work-Study award during the year or elect not to use it. If you decide not to use your award, you will not receive Work-Study in subsequent years, as funds are very limited.
- Students apply for Work-Study positions directly through UCR’s online job and internship database, SCOTjobs. For step-by step instructions, please see Work-Study Job Search Instructions & Guidelines Important Dates and Deadlines